Re: Merits and deficiencies of EOT Lite

On Jul 27, 2009, at 3:51 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> While Adobe does use CFF fonts (and has expressed that it has no
> interest in releasing in any other format), I believe most foundries
> distribute in TTF, at least as an option.  (I know that all or nearly
> all of the fonts on my computer are TTF.)  So any issues with CFF
> fonts are at most minor in the short term.

It's a fair point, and might call into question my characterization of
EOT as a "niche" solution without better CFF support. But your last
sentence is certainly not true for Adobe (and any other foundry which
primarily makes CFF-based fonts). Any issues with CFF fonts in Win/IW/
EOT are certainly quite major in the short term (if not longer) from
our perspective.

-Christopher