Re: A way forward

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Dave Crossland <dave@lab6.com> wrote:

> 2009/7/24 John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>:
> > EOT-Lite fonts cannot be used if a EULA specifies that
> > same-origin restrictions are required, since legacy versions of IE
> > won't enforce any form of same-origin restriction.
>
> EOTlite can be cross site restricted for IE versions that don't
> support CORS in the same way TTFs can be for Safari.

Right: with extreme pain.

If font licensing insists on same-origin restrictions then I expect Safari
would add them the way we have. We're not worried about legacy Safari users
(there aren't many who won't update quickly).

But the whole point of EOT Lite is to conveniently support legacy IE users.
If that can't be done in a way compatible with font licensing, then it's
useless.

Rob
53:5-6]