Re: A way forward

On Jul 24, 2009, at 4:20 AM, John Daggett wrote:

> My only concern with .webfont was that font vendors were
> endorsing .webfont because it appeared to have root strings but the
> latest version makes it clear that it doesn't.

This was a concern for us as well.

So when we posted the 2.1 update, we wrote an explanation to all
foundries which had offered support (at that time, the list grew since
then. We pointed out that we'd understand retraction if the support
was contingent on browser support of <allow>. We haven't received any
news of foundries retracting support for .webfont. We did receive
replies re-confirming support.

I know this is a very open ended and informal poll, but I think one
can interpret it that there was no public outcry amongst foundries
because of dropping allow in the 2.1 proposal.

Erik