Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

Also, re recent unpleasantness:

On Mon, 2009-07-06 at 19:04 -0700, Christopher Slye wrote:

> I'd like to attempt to shake off some of the clutter around this
> discussion. Our motivations are really fairly straightforward: Our
> customers would like to use our fonts on the web. We would like to
> allow it, but we would like to do it in a way that doesn't involve
> putting our products (which are really fairly elaborate, sophisticated
> pseudo-applications these days) naked on a server. We don't see it as
> a way to squeeze our customers for more money or put the competition
> out of business. All we want to do right now is find a palatable way
> to let our customers use our fonts on the web. No kidding.

You said in the same message that Adobe leaves the
possibility of a TTF/OTF requirement on the table.
You say it is not Adobe's favorite outcome but is
one Adobe can live with.

What is in question is the motives of those who
declare that under no circumstances is a TTF/OTF
requirement acceptable.

You've no need to defend your motives in that dialog.
You are not the ones being questioned since you leave
TTF/OTF on the table!

-t