RE: the discussion is over, resistance time

Same-origin checks are performed on the client, where the latter verifies the origin of a resource matches that of the context (usually document) requesting it.
There is no negotiation with a server involved, whether the origin domain is explicitly specified and embedded in the resource or implicitly assumed to be specified by
that resource's URL.

So the server does not 'choose' anything. The author sets the rootstrings. The client verifies the rootstring is appropriate for the context in which the resource
is being used.

So before you lecture me about the significance of any difference, we may want to agree on what 'same-origin check' means to you. Because I don't recognize it in your comment.