Re: gzip vs. mtx compression ratios

That's quite interesting. But for general fonts in the wild, neither
system fonts nor the ClearType C-fonts are very representative. They
are all hand-hinted, which makes them unlike 99% of TrueType fonts out
there.

It would be interesting to see the results on some typical TrueType
fonts that have been autohinted by (1) Fontographer 4.x and (2)
FontLab Studio 5. That would tell us a bit more.

Regards,

--
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up
and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."