Subject: Re: pixel fonts
Author:  www-font@w3.org at huxleypo
Date:    8/8/96 2:54 PM

On Aug 8,  7:39pm, Erik van Blokland wrote:

> Actually, the pixelfont document has been extended a bit.
>
>   http://www.letterror.com/pixels.html

Not since I made my comments. I see from your document:

  Last Modified:       Thursday, 08-Aug-96 01:13:12 GMT

The main substance of the argument seems to be not that pixelfonts are
good, but that outline fonts on the Web are bad. You seem to take the
position that outline fonts should only be used by phototypesetting
bureaux, everyone else should use bitmaps to ensure that they don't
copy outline fonts.  So you don't much care to define what pixelfonts
might mean or how they might be used, just that people shouldn't use
outline fonts on the Web.

Would that be a fair summary?

+33 93 65 79 87            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France