Re: DOM-based editor?

Hi!

I am new to this list, and have read the DOM spec., but
not yet all of the recent mails in the mail-archive.
I'm sorry if I ask any trivial questions in this mail.

Torben Espersen wrote:
> Do any of you know of a DOM-based editor,
> that is an editor entirely based on DOM?

I know of one being planned :) ... Explanation follows...

I work on the berlin project: http://www.berlin-consortium.org
We use CORBA, and I have written an API in OMG IDL for storing
attributed text etc. - similar to the DOM spec., except DOM
looks more powerful.

We intend to use DOM instead. Berlin is GPL'ed, so I have
two questions:

1) Is it legal for us to implement DOM and distribute it
under GPL/LGPL?

2) Is it legal for us to put the DOM IDL-files in our
cvs repository, and just compile everything with berlin, and
distribute it all under GPL/LGPL?

We intend to write text-widgets that use the DOM API as
part of Berlin. So your DOM editor could easily be implemented
in Berlin, when our GUI-stuff is ready for it.
Some berlin people (myself included) have expressed interest
in an editor like this, with multiuser support etc.

And BTW: I support the idea of character position markers
a cursor position proposed by Ray Whitmer.

Cheers
--
,
ANOQ of the Sun / Johnny Andersen