Re: PSA: Sam Ruby is co-Editor of URL spec

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 10:52:58 +0100
To: Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org>, Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer@w3.org>
Cc: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, "lehors@us.ibm.com >> Arnaud Le Hors/Cupertino/IBM" <lehors@us.ibm.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Jeff Jaffe <jeff@w3.org> wrote:
> This might be what Anne is referring to.

No. I'm interested in the hypothetical we discussed during that
meeting. That the moment a non-W3C document enters W3C space, it can
no longer be developed outside the W3C. Even though copyright-wise
this would be okay, it would not be legal due to the W3C Member
Agreement and W3C Invited Expert and Collaborator Agreement.

And I specifically brought up HTML as it used to have such an
arrangement, but you said that was a special case agreed among several
Members and the W3C and could not be used for any documents.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/