Re: Domain names and URLs

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Mark Davis ⚖ <markdavis@google.com> wrote:
> Yes, unfortunately the IETF folks didn't learn from the XML 1.1 debacle; the
> downside of making a new version incompatible.
>
> At this point in time, I think the only realistic alternatives are either:
>
> Stay with 2003
> Use TR46 (http://unicode.org/reports/tr46/#Compatibility_Processing)

Thanks for confirming Mark. The stance the URL standard takes at the
moment is to side with implementations, and therefore stay with IDNA
2003, but overriding it to require implementations to use the latest
version of Unicode rather than Unicode 3.2 (as they already do).

http://url.spec.whatwg.org/

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/