Re: Domain names and URLs

+ Erik van der Poel, Markus Scherer, Peter Edberg, Michel Suignard

Yes, unfortunately the IETF folks didn't learn from the XML 1.1 debacle;
the downside of making a new version incompatible.

At this point in time, I think the only realistic alternatives are either:

   1. Stay with 2003
   2. Use TR46 (http://unicode.org/reports/tr46/#Compatibility_Processing)

Mark Davis | Int’l Arch | markdavis@google.com | +1 650-450-9291 / +41
44-668-1282