Fwd: RDFa live editing experiment

for ref.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: 1 May 2012 19:48
Subject: RDFa live editing experiment
To: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>, Manu Sporny <
msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, ivan@w3.org, Gregg Kellogg <
gregg@kellogg-assoc.com>
Cc: Alex Milowski <alex@milowski.com>

Excuse the .zip spam (attached). Try running mode/schema/index.html in
a browser and opening the web console to see console.log()'s output.

This uses http://code.google.com/p/green-turtle/ (thanks to a quick
bugfix from Alex, cc:'d), and hence the W3C RDF API draft.

Idea is to make some kind of dynamic RDFa (well schema.org RDFa Lite)
learning and checking tool. Probably should do Microdata too, to teach
the equivalences...

You have HTML+RDFa Lite in a textarea, and as you edit the markup, the
.js reparses. At the moment I reparse on each keystroke, which is a
bit heavy, esp if someone is adding elements it'll be failing

I'd like to make a page layout where they see the target HTML in an
iframe, and then also some views of the extracted triples. Both in OO
terms (here's a Movie and its properties) but maybe also graph layout,
raw triples, etc.

Seem useful? I thought it could come with a bunch of standard
examples, and the realtime editing would let people learn very
immediately what the different syntactic constructs implied, w.r.t.
triples / graphs.

Dan

ps. the inline editing is handled by codemirror, a tool with more
potential (eg. for syntax highlighting etc) than i"ve explored here so
far

pps. for an earlier attempt at graph viz in the browser see
http://ogp.spypixel.com/Pogo/checker/?url=http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/matrix/&mode=viz
but it's not really usable yet