Re: Fwd: CfC: Charter addition for Fullscreen API

On 2/7/12 9:15 AM, ext Daniel Glazman wrote:
> Le 06/02/12 17:59, Arthur Barstow a écrit :
>
>> Hi Daniel, Peter, Bert,
>>
>> Robin proposed
>> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2012JanMar/0439.html>
>> WebApps
>> add Fullscreen API
>> <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/fullscreen/raw-file/tip/Overview.html> be added
>> to WebApps' charter and some some members of the WebApps voiced support
>> for the proposal.
>>
>> Since I noticed "CSS3 Fullscreen (new)" in CSS WG's charter
>> <http://www.w3.org/2010/09/CSSWG/charter#lc>, would you please let us
>> know if you have any comments, objections, etc. re this proposal? Please
>> let us know as soon as you can - either way.
>>
>> (Feel free to include public-webapps on your reply.)
>
> (this message being a CSS WG action item)
>
> Art,
>
> We discussed this this morning during our current ftf meeting in
> Paris. The general consensus is that it contains enough CSS-
> and presentation-oriented features to remain in the CSS Working Group.
> We of course understand it also contains an important API side and
> we will be happy to see a joint effort between our two groups
> work on Fullscreen.

Thanks for the fast reply Daniel. Please note WebApps is in the process
of finalizing a charter update. As such, to help set expectations here
regarding what we all mean by "joint effort", one way to handle that is
to update CSS liaison statement in WebApps' charter:

[[
http://www.w3.org/2010/webapps/charter/#coordination

Cascading Style Sheets Working Group
     To collaborate on the Selectors API and widget media feature
specifications.
]]

to include Fullscreen e.g.:

[[
     To collaborate on the Selectors API, Fullscreen and widget media
feature specifications.
]]

Another option is to explicitly identify some type of formal joint
deliverable.

I tend to prefer the former since the groups' membership overlap appears
to be quite high and it gives us a little bit more flexibility. Would
that be OK with the CSS WG?

-ArtB