Re: CfC: publish WD of XHR; deadline November 29

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Glenn Adams wrote:
> >
> > Your position appears to be excessively cynical, and effectively
> > attributes bad faith to the WebApps editors trying to move the process
> > forward.
>
> I really see no value in what the WG is doing here.

OK, but don't be an impediment for those of us who do see value.

> I also don't see any value in Process.
>
> I see value in getting interoperability (which this is actively working
> against), I see value in getting patent agreements (which this is not
> doing since that only happens at REC, and which the CG is quite capable of
> doing without the WG), and I see value in fixing bugs (which the original
> editors are doing but which the WG is not).

I think you don't have a monopoly on desiring interoperability or bug
fixing. I don't know anyone participating either in the W3C or the WHATWG
that doesn't desire this. The disagreements appear to be about how to get
there, and not where we should be going.