RE: now I understand the plan

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:35:09 +0100
To: John Foliot <john@foliot.ca>
Cc: www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
Hi Jon, you wrote [1],

"Steve, I am sticking with this group, if only to ensure that HTML.next work
doesn't go as off-the-track as early HTML5 work did because many were
otherwise occupied elsewhere. Vigilance is key."

I agree vigilance is the key, that is why i am subscribed to the commit
watchers mailing list, read the IRC logs and read up on the WHATWG mailing
list on a regular basis. I have now also  subscribed to the whatwg list,
which is what is practically required of any WHATWG 'community group'
member if they want to participate. So simply subscribing to the mailing
list achieves the same outcome without supporting the pretence of the
'community group', which as we all know is just a mechanism for WHATWG to
get a patent policy.

[1]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-whatwg-contrib/2012Apr/0006.html
--