RE: now I understand the plan

David Singer wrote:

> Ian's choice of words is sometimes not optimal, usually terse, and
> occasionally audience-specific.

As an editor and relatively intelligent guy, Hixie's words are rarely
ill-chosen - he knows exactly and specifically what he is saying, how he is
saying it, and what kind of audience and reaction his words will get. That
he can be extremely inflammatory and often outright wrong is also true.

> In this case, he's reassuring the non-
> W3C whatwg contributors that they will continue to find the same welcome
> for their involvement and help.  Don't let it deter the w3c
> participants!

It could also be perceived as a continued finger to "the man", and that work
inside this group will be identical to what preceded it at WHAT WG - ie: his
word is the final word, to hell with process, and don't let those who
disagree with Ian's perception get in the way of Ian's work - all known
problems today. One need to only read the comments on Ian's commits to HTML5
to see his disdain for W3C process overall, and his outright contempt for
those that disagree with his vision.
(see: http://html5.org/tools/web-apps-tracker?from=7057&to=7058)

(...and BTW, "they're ugly" is not a use-case, but rather a value judgment.
There is no such thing as an accessible accessibility failure, despite
arguments to the contrary).

Steve, I am sticking with this group, if only to ensure that HTML.next work
doesn't go as off-the-track as early HTML5 work did because many were
otherwise occupied elsewhere. Vigilance is key.

JF