Re: Updating of editors version of HTML5 spec

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 11:08:16 +0100, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is anyone really doubting that the editor will get to the change?
>
> Yes i am seriously doubting it, thats why i asked. No changes have
> occured to the canvas 2d context spec since the revert was made on it, I
> do not
> think it is a situation that should be repeated with the HTML5 spec and
> if it does occur I want to see it nipped in the bud before it causes
> problems.

I think the problem is doubting the editor will get to the "revert
request". Because the moment someone who is not editing HTML5 starts
editing the non-canonical CVS version of it, trying to clean up that mess
will take hours. It's a lot of make work and as you indicate will just
result in the W3C copy not getting updated until the underlying issue is
resolved.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/