registering the "first" and "last" link relations in new link-relations registry

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 23:05:08 +0900
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: www-archive@w3.org
Hi Mark,

I'm e-mailing you per your reply[1] in your role as the Designated
Expert for the link-relations registry) to the messages[2][3] I sent
requesting registration of the "first" and "last" link-relation names.

  [1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00080.html
  [2] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00077.html
  [3] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/link-relations/current/msg00078.html

You indicated that since you are the person who originally
registered the "first" and "last" relation names, I should
coordinate with you about the registration for them in the new
registry.

So I guess the next step would be for you to review the text at
the end of this message and indicate and indicate whether it's OK
or not -- so that we have a record of your response.

If either or both of them are not OK as-is, the preferred means
for requesting a change would be for you to file a bug in the HTML
WG bugzilla database:

  http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=HTML%20WG&component=HTML5%20spec%20(editor:%20Ian%20Hickson)&priority=P3
  http://w3.org/brief/MjA2

Here are the registration details I've proposed:

Relation Name:
  first

  Indicates that the current document is a part of a series, and
  that the first document in the series is the referenced document.

Reference:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#link-type-first

Notes:
  Template to be added to W3C HTML5 specification before
  publication of next Working Draft

Relation Name:
  last

  Indicates that the current document is a part of a series, and
  that the last document in the series is the referenced document.

Reference:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/links.html#link-type-last

Notes:
  Template to be added to W3C HTML5 specification before
  publication of next Working Draft

Michael(tm) Smith
http://people.w3.org/mike