Re: <iframe doc="">

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:42:42 -0600
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "Edward O'Connor" <hober0@gmail.com>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>, Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Hi,

On 1/24/10, Edward O'Connor <hober0@gmail.com> wrote [1]:
> Shelley wrote [2]:
>
>> The point I'm trying to make is that the technical discussion was
>> short-circuited, and a change made.
>
> Technical discussion hasn't been short-circuited. Yes, Ian made an edit
> to the editors' draft of the spec. He does this all the time, based on
> ongoing technical feedback, on the list and elsewhere. That's his job.

I don't know what is in Ian's job description, but it is true he has
operated in fashion for as long as I have been a member of the HTML
WG. It has cause many prolonged process discussions.

Sam talked about the Commit then Review (CTR) [3] process that the
working group seems to have been operating under. Then last fall the
Chairs added the decision policy [4] to help make decisions on the
Review of the spec.

Now that we have used the policy for one decision, it certainly seems
like a good time for the Chairs to clarify the items Larry asked about
[5].

Shelley, I would encourage you to also document what you see as
problem areas with the policy so the Chairs can examine and address
them properly.

Best Regards,
Laura

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2010Jan/0067.html