Re: <iframe doc="">

Shelley wrote:

> The point I'm trying to make is that the technical discussion was
> short-circuited, and a change made.

Technical discussion hasn't been short-circuited. Yes, Ian made an edit
to the editors' draft of the spec. He does this all the time, based on
ongoing technical feedback, on the list and elsewhere. That's his job.

> I checked, and the discussion was still continuing, good technical
> points and concerns were still being expressed. Now, what point the
> discussion? The decision was made, so any discussion is moot.

No decision has been made.

Ian made an edit to his draft based on feedback thus far. We have every
reason to believe he will continue to edit the draft based on further
feedback.

I think it would unduly constrain the WG's editors were we to require
them to wait until all technical discussion had entirely wound down on a
feature before making relevant edits to their documents.

Ted