Re: HTML+RDFa Heartbeat Draft publishing request

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>> I must wonder how one can think this is not the case. Maybe I've missed
>> something, but, what are in your opinion, Julian, "extension
>> mechanisms that
>> allow adding independently developed vocabularies to HTML" - can you give
>> examples, please?
>
> There are different kinds of extension mechanisms. Depending on how they
> work, they are useful for different requirements.
>
> I never did dispute that RDFa or Microdata are extension mechanisms, nor
> that they allow to include independently developed vocabularies.
>
> However, the charter gives three very concrete examples, ITS, Ruby, and
> RDFa, and all these examples extend the HTML *syntax*. Neither RDFa nor
> Microdata offer this kind of extensibility.

The problem here is that you're somehow categorising the list of
examples given in the charter, and using that to somehow limit the class
of independent vocabularies that are being referred to by the charter.
I do not believe that is a reasonable interpretation.  The actual
requirement in the charter just says "independently developed
vocabularies", without placing any restrictions on what type of
independent vocabularies are being referred to.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/