Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-55 profile by amicable resolution

On 24.02.2010 16:32, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I don't quite understand closing an issue with
> an expectation that more work will be done on it
> later.
>
> I took a brief look at the proposal...
> no change proposal for ISSUE-55, but a new plan for @profile
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0683.html
>
> I'm not persuaded that it's not cost-effective to just
> keep head/@profile in HTML 5. My position remains:
>
> let's keep metadata profiles (head/@profile) in HTML for use in GRDDL
> etc.
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0571.html
>
> I'm inclined to object to this CfC, but I'll stand by to learn
> a little more about the situation first.

Re-adding @profile as per HTML 4.01 (+ errata as described in the
attachment) would work for me as well; and it would make it easier to
resolve <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82>.

A separate spec would then only be needed for additional features we've
been thinking about, such as allowing @profile everywhere.

Best regards, Julian