Re: vCard - Old vs. New?

On 19 May 2009, at 19:09, Dan Brickley wrote:

> But I don't want people to have to use two vocabs for saying pretty
> basic things.

Is "foaf:myersBriggs" a pretty basic thing?

> If you want an exact 1:1 representation of vCard, then the
> vcard-in-rdf docs are your best bet. If you want any of the semi-
> random
> mischief in the FOAF spec, you should also be able to mention an
> address
> without needing a 2nd namespace...

Much, is not all, of the "FOAF Basics" [1] is a repeat of vCard
semantics.

But if you did not want a second namespace, then reusing ontologies is
a lost cause!

I thought the Semantic Web / Linked Data was all about this ;-)

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] http://xmlns.com/foaf/spec/