Re: vCard - Old vs. New?

On 19/5/09 07:08, Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 18 May 2009, at 21:28, Harry Halpin wrote:
>
>> What I would like to see: A simple version that would be similar to
>> Norm's work that would be easier to SPARQL, and a "complex" version
>> based on Renato's work that let one use the various RDF containers,
>> with Renato, Norm, and myself editing, and a standardized mapping or
>> even merger with FOAF.
>

> I think FOAF (2.0) should (re)use vCard RDF.
>
> If it can't, then we have a serious problem of reusing ontologies....

My intention is to add things to the FOAF namespace that cover most of
the addressbooky content of Portable Contacts. If there's a nice
modelling idiom from the vcard RDF discussions, happy to shadow that
too. But I don't want people to have to use two vocabs for saying pretty
basic things. If you want an exact 1:1 representation of vCard, then the
vcard-in-rdf docs are your best bet. If you want any of the semi-random
mischief in the FOAF spec, you should also be able to mention an address
without needing a 2nd namespace...

Dan