Re: Why Design Principles?

Sam Ruby On 09-06-03 01.39:
> Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> Hi Leif,
>>
>> Your response takes the tone of a conspiracy theory. Things like your
>> use of the word "hegemony" and your apparent belief that the Design
>> Principles are an elaborate plot against the profile="" attribute make
>> it hard to evaluate or respond to your feedback.
>>
>> In the past you've lumped Rob Sayre in the same "hegemony" as Ian, yet
>> Rob has stated his strong opposition to many of Ian's actions as
>> editor, and even wrote an alternate HTML5 draft that makes different
>> decisions on what features are in or out.
>>
>> I can assure you that the Design Principles were not written with
>> profile="" in mind. As one of the editors, I personally do not care
>> either way about profile="", and I've certainly not made it my mission
>> in life to stamp it out. In fact, if it were up to me, I would make
>> use of profile="" conforming, if only to remove the need to argue
>> about it further.
>>
>> I suggest you resubmit your feedback without the conspiratorial tone.
>
> I also take exception to the use of terms like "hegemony" (hey: am I in
> on it too?), but would also like to add that public-html is intended for
> technical discussion.  People have a hard enough time keeping up with
> the bandwidth as is, meta-discussion such as this one should be taken
> off list, possibly copying www-archive in order to allow others to see
> and/or refer to it.

I'm sorry that I did not notice this reply before it was repeated
in the public html list. I did not speak about 'hegemons' but
about 'hegemony'. I'm sorry if this term is less clear in the
Anglophone world than I thought. Usually, though, I think one uses
  more neutral words about formal leadership.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hegemony
--
leif halvard silli