Re: vCard RDF merge....

> peter - would you share those publicly, please?

Sure, here is my cost/benefit analysis on tel as a resource:

Benefits:

-- Slightly easier data integration, e.g. using SPARQL queries. However,
how many people are doing data integration using SPARQL alone?
-- We would like to be compatible with the ontology... (or should the
ontology be changed?)

Costs:

-- Gives the illusion of a resource that you can dereference. Tom Heath
these days is on the road with an excellent Linked Data presentation
that explicitly advises against using non-http URIs.
-- There is not much anyone would ever want to say about a phone number,
which would be the most common reason for making something a resource.
-- Sites owner are expected to read an RFC on how to write down a
telephone number, and then figure out the transformation from their
internal representation to the scheme. Not likely to happen...
-- Search engines index URIs differently than literals or not at all. In
this case, this behaves as a literal in that I want it to be indexed.

Cheers,
Peter