Re: Dissatisfaction with HTML WG

On 10 Jan 2008, at 17:18, James Graham wrote:

>>> and "[a] smart a%$ kid",
>> I spoke out of frustration of having people from your crowd jump in
>> and hijack my threads. I should be able to discuss XHTML5 without
>> people turning them into html vs xhtml arguments.
>> That person was certainly being a $name_I_called_him. If the W3C
>> staff have a problem with that email I sent to www-archive, and the
>> language I used; they are of course welcome to discuss this with
>> me, they have my contact details.
>
> My problem is certainly not with your language, but with the
> contempt you displayed for other members of the working group, and
> with your need to fall back to ad-hominem attacks rather than
> evidence-based arguments. I don't think this is a useful or
> productive way to engage with other members of the group.

And, going back to your reference of feeling your comments have been
ignored at times, treating other people in the WG like this dissuades
people from replying to posts from you (even if the attacks are
directed at other people, it does not create a good impression of
yourself, and how you might react to someone who has a different
opinion to your own) — the easiest way to make sure your comments
aren't ignored is to always put across your arguments in a clear and
polite manner, though your already tarnished reputation (from prior
attacks, such as that referenced above) may cause issues with even that.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>