Re: Investigating the proposed alt attribute recommendations in HTML 5

-www-html
-wai-xtech

Philip Taylor (Webmaster) (17 sept. 2007 - 10:05) :
> Karl Dubost wrote:
>> [snip]. HTML is th[e] sum of the needs of implementers.
>
> Do you really believe that ?  I find it a terribly depressing
> possibility, too awful to want to contemplate ...

yes. And it is not depressing.
A specification is not a white paper on a technology. It is not
either research.

Different parties at stake with market needs will negotiate to
establish something that is/will be implemented. It is exactly the
same for your electrical plug specification, the doors of your
building, the ethernet cable specs, etc, etc, etc.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***