HTML WG and WebAPI's WG: data storage and P2P

From: David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 11:41:07 -0400
To: annevk@opera.com
Cc: www-archive@w3.org,connolly@w3.org,Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com

+www-archive +dan +chris

Hi Anne,

I note that the HTML WG charter says:

------------
The following features are expected to be obtained by integrating
deliverables of the <http://www.w3.org/2007/03//2006/webapi/>Web APIs
Working Group. They are listed here so that they may be developed in
the case where the Web APIs Working Group is not able to produce the
specifications.
    * Data storage APIs.
    * Networking APIs for server-push, asynchronous two-way
client-server communication, peer-to-peer communication, and
client-side cross-domain communication.
------------------------------
Where are those things currently addressed? I looked a bit in a few
different places, but was unable to determine whether or not they
were there. See also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0528.html,
for context concerning data storage. The peer to peer question just
arose, since I have some students trying to build some peer-to-peer
web stuff and the hassle of brokering each transaction through the
server is just a bit annoying (with the pull vs. push approach). As I
say, it may all be covered somewhere and I'm just missing it.

Also, I note that http://www.w3.org/TR/rex/ and
http://www.w3.org/TR/file-upload/ do not load properly in IE6 (source
code is displayed instead of HTML).

cheers,