Re: HTML WG and WebAPI's WG: data storage and P2P

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:41:07 +0200, David Dailey <david.dailey@sru.edu>
wrote:
> The following features are expected to be obtained by integrating
> deliverables of the <http://www.w3.org/2006/webapi/>Web APIs Working
> Group. They are listed here so that they may be developed in the case
> where the Web APIs Working Group is not able to produce the
> specifications.
>     * Data storage APIs.
>     * Networking APIs for server-push, asynchronous two-way
> client-server communication, peer-to-peer communication, and client-side
> cross-domain communication.
> ------------------------------
> Where are those things currently addressed?

The WHATWG HTML5 proposal includes them. (FWIW: it's the Web API WG.
Without the "s" after API.)

> [...]
>
> Also, I note that http://www.w3.org/TR/rex/ and
> http://www.w3.org/TR/file-upload/ do not load properly in IE6 (source
> code is displayed instead of HTML).

The former is no longer being worked on as far as I know and the same for
the latter I think. (I think the current idea is to integrate file upload
idea with HTMLInputElement.)

In any case, you want public-webapi@w3.org and not annevk@opera.com I
think.

Cheers,