Re: euler state of the art?

Dan Connolly wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2006, at 7:12 PM, jos.deroo@agfa.com wrote:
>> Dan Connolly wrote:
>> [...]
>>
>>> It is pretty straightforward to write builtins in euler.yap
>>> http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2006/02swap/euler.yap
>>> but I should study your builtins a little more..
>>
>> I haven't made much progress yet with some of those builtins..
>
> fn:resolve-uri corresponds to url_info_relative/3 in the pillow library.
> I can almost see how to add it myself, but I moved to my laptop
> and I haven't recreated the http/REST setup and I'm
> having trouble figuring out how to test euler.yap outside the http/REST
> setup.

Right, url_info_relative/3 is the one we need and I tried it in
http://eulersharp.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/eulersharp/2006/02swap/euler.yap?revision=1.113

http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2006/02swap/testbE.n3
and the latest version is zipped at
http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/2004/01swap/deployment/Euler.zip

> fn:tokenize is like re.split() in python... I see a regular expression
> module in yap, but no split predicate. I guess it can be implemented
> in terms of matching... hmm... actually, I need re.search(), not
> re.match(), and I don't see that in yap.
> http://www.ncc.up.pt/~vsc/Yap/documentation.html#SEC72

Hmm... in any case we have str:matches and str:notMatches
builtins already done.

[...]

> Do you have a way of testing offline? do you use a proxy cache
> or something? I was trying to work on a plane.

Not a cache and I used a hack in euler1 with option --local
to interpret all http: as file: (in a transparently way)
but I don't really recommend that right now..