Re: referendum on httpRange-14

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:05:05 +0300, patrick.stickler@nokia.com
<patrick.stickler@nokia.com> wrote:

(Jumping in because I have a similar UI requirement)

> Yes, membership in the class of "web resources" should be determinable
> based on web behavior, but membership is volitile, and so I would
> hesitate myself in making any persistent statements about such
> membership.

But given that we haven't much in the way of widespread infrastructure
for handling volatility (the Semantic Web isn't exactly a temporal
database) I reckon the assumption of persistent "web" class membership
would be reasonable. So the appropriate flag would be "web resource"
(last time I looked).

Hmm, how about "Represented" as a label?

> I'd have a default, generic view for "Resources",

Or "Things"?

Cheers,
Danny.

--