RE: referendum on httpRange-14

[Taking this off the TAG list, since it seems to have diverged
 into a non-TAG-specific topic...]

OK, I can see now the utility of knowing what specific classes
a resource is a member of.

I would caution, though, about "guessing" about class membership
based on web behavior.

Yes, membership in the class of "web resources" should be determinable
based on web behavior, but membership is volitile, and so I would
hesitate myself in making any persistent statements about such
membership.

I'd have a default, generic view for "Resources", and only present
views per more specific classes when membership in those classes
is asserted in some authoritative source. I.e. I'd expect Ontaria
to respect and preserve the knowledge obtained by the web authorities
for particular resources and not reflect system-specific "presumptions"
about those resources based on web behavior (or any other questionable
criteria).

Then again, perhaps one of the key goals of Ontaria is to present
such presumptions, rather than simply serving as a clearing house
for knowledge ;-)

Cheers,

Patrick