Re: Named graphs etc

On Mar 12, 2004, at 16:50, ext Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> Patrick Stickler wrote:
>
>> Technically, it's a trivial addition. In practice, though, it
>> requires *every* RDF parser
>> to be updated. And since the new specs just required all the parsers
>> to be revamped,
>> retested, etc. I don't think the parser folks would be very keen
>> about *any* changes
>> so soon after the new specs.
>

> Realistically the time-to-deployment of any good ideas we have is
> years not months ...
> And this isn't a huge change really.

True. Though I think the other arguments against a syntactic approach
and for
a vocabulary based approach still strongly favor the vocabulary
approach.

And uptake, given compatiblity with legacy systems/tools, will still be
aided by
a solution that doesn't require re-tooling... so the number of years
can still
be reduced.

Patrick

--