Re: [w3photo] image regions vocab update

On 27.02.2004 00:22:53, Morten Frederiksen wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>> After today's chat I updated the image region vocabulary
>> proposal
>Looks really nice.
hey, thank you. :-) I hope you didn't do view-source..

>> - focus is on regions now, I removed the redundant terms
>>   Image, depicts, depiction, width, height. The DL version
>>   "redefines" Jim's width and height, this may be wrong, as
>>   they now have a domain of foaf:Image and the range is
>>   xsd:positiveInteger. we can still create imreg:width and
>>   imreg:height.
>I think we should, since otherwise inference-capable system will get
>confused, and think a region is an image that can be displayed - like we
>talked about earlier.
I can see three options then:
- create width and height with domain=Image
- re-use width and height from Jim's SVG vocab (domain=Resource)
- create regionWidth and regionHeight with domain=Region
But there is probably no need for option 1 in the imreg vocabulary. and
Libby said there will be an "official" image+EXIF schema at w3.org soon,
which I guess will have width and height props. re-describing jim's width
and height for the DL version should not change the semantics (what I just
did. I will change the domain to owl:Thing). Do we need width and height
for regions at all (re option 3)? It'd be another "boundingbox in 1D", I
guess..

>The prose for coords property is really hard to understand (what's the exact
>difference between "separated" and "delimited"?). I know it's probably based
>on my own bad write-up, but still! :-)
yes. sorry. I made it even worse ;-). will try to find a better description.

>An example for each region type would go a long way.
examples would definitely be helpful. my doc-publisher doesn't support them
yet. I'll try to add the feature at the weekend.

benjamin