Re: Clean up of state tables

On Monday, Sep 23, 2002, at 15:19 US/Eastern, Martin Gudgin wrote:

>> I think we have two options:
>>
>> (i) rethink the base URI for the states such that they are shared by
>> both request-response and soap-response - or -
>> (ii) Split section 7.5 into two, one for each state machine.
>>
>> I'd prefer (i) but LC issue 305 might push our choice to (ii).
>
> It seems to me that (ii) is probably easier and quicker for us as
> editors to implement.

I disagree, (i) is *much* easier editorially, just change a base URI
here and there. (ii) is a lot of work, will make the document
significantly longer (lots of duplication required) and I hate editing
those state transition tables !

Marc.

--
Marc Hadley <marc.hadley@sun.com>
XML Technology Center, Sun Microsystems.