Re: More on XHTML as text/html

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:33:04PM -0600, Aaron Swartz wrote:
> On Monday, November 25, 2002, at 10:18  PM, Christopher Hoess wrote:
> >Appendix C [says] the use of other XML namespaces is not valid in
> >XHTML 1.0 documents
> I covered this in my last email. Appendix C informative and it doesn't
> say that.

Excuse me. "Appendix C" there is an error for "Section 3.1.2", which does
say that. In addition, RFC 2854, which is normative, says that XHTML 1.0
defines a "profile of use...which may also be labelled as text/html",
which suggests (at least to me) that RFC 2854 makes it mandatory that
XHTML-as-text/html follow the guidelines of Appendix C. The XHTML Media
Types note makes it pretty clear that namespaces are verboten in
text/html, but that document is, of course, informative.

--
Chris Hoess