Re: Range of Web architecture? (was Re: Early draft of Architecture Document for your review

Hi Dan,

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 09:11:02AM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
> I'm not sure how I feel about having something like this in the arch
> doc,

From a scope perspective, it's borderline, for sure.  But I think the
pros outweigh the cons, in that this information will permit readers to
better evaluate whether or not the architectural principles (and
therefore the Web) are relevant to the problems they're trying to solve
in software.

> but I know I wrote something like it before. In case you
> also find it relevant:

Yes, I enjoyed reading the paper very much.  But "all" it says is that
the Web evaluates fairly well to Englebart's requirements, not what
kinds of tasks hypermedia permits to be coordinated over a network
between humans and/or machines.

Thanks.

MB