Re: Amaya Runs, but cannot see it

On Saturday 03 November 2007 11:10, Vartkes wrote:
> Christian, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Amaya was not in the
> Windows toolbar either, so 'maximise' was not possible.
> I found a solution - I uninstalled Amaya normally, then I went and
> deleted the remnant directory in C:\Documents and
> Settings\<username>\amaya (for some reason the uninstall had not removed
> this). On re-installing, everyting was normal once again.
>
> Great program - but it had me worried for a while. I think the problem
> is a buggy 'uninstall'

The directory C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\amaya keeps user's
preferences, then uninstalling a previous version to get a new one should not
remove these preferences.
I suspect in your case a conflict between a old Amaya version
using iso-8859-1 coded files and the new version using utf-8 coded files.