Re: Amaya 9.99-2 WinXP possible bug: creating a table

Bartolomé Sintes Marco wrote:

> In my opinion, Amaya should not add attributes to the elements, except
> the compulsory ones. I can understand a few exceptions like border
> attributes in tables and width and height attributes in images (even
> if I do not like them very much), but I do not like attributes like
> style="width=100%" in tables because it can confuse users. For
> example, my pupils get confused when the width css property did not
> work with tables, until we discovered there was an style attribute in
> the table.

Indeed, setting styles unnecessarily seems to thwart some of the power
of CSS. Taken to the extreme if every element was fully decorated with
all relevant styles, then external style sheets would be rendered
useless. It contradicts the whole notion of cascading styles. It sure
sounds like a bug to me.

Peter