Re: Amaya Bug - Site do not display

Amaya is following W3C recommendations as closely as possible.
bgsound is not part of any W3C recommendation, therefore it is not
available in Amaya. I guess it is the same reason why sounds are
not played in Mozilla.

Vincent.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 03:49:38 +0000 "Randy Balbuena" <randyb@att.net> wrote:

> Hi again. Another issue with Amaya I would like to report. I don't know if
> Amaya is supposed to be HTML Strict by design. Any way I'm trying to
> contribute. Please let me know. Details below. -Randy

> Issue:      Web page cannot play background music.
> Site:       http://home.att.net/~joliver
>
> Diagnostic: Page displays correctly, but has no sound.
>
> Browser:    Amaya 8.6 (Jul 9, 2004)
> OS:         Windows XP SP2
>
> Comments:   Mozila Firefox 1.0 does not play the music.
>             Internet Explorer 6.0 does play the music.
>
>             The BGSOUND object is a Microsoft extension to
>             HTML, that has been around since many years.
>                         The element is available in HTML as of
>             Internet Explorer 3.0, and in script as of
>             Internet Explorer 4.0.
>
>             More information about this element can be found at:
>                         http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/reference/objects/bgsound.asp

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhône-Alpes
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@inria.fr      655 avenue de l'Europe
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex
                                    France