Re: Table Attribute Background

Hmmm. There are a number of things that work the same way. I agree that Amaya
should be strict in producing and tolerant in accepting. But it is difficult
even to remove elements that are unwanted, like presentation elements or
presentation (e.g. BLINK) that are not part of the specifications that Amaya
works to. The obvious way is to use the transformation language, or an XSLT
version of the same function. Another approach would be to provide the option
to run the source through Tidy and convert things to style or remove them or
whatever.

This is probably something that should have a bit of thought first. But I
agree that it is something that would make Amaya much easier to use. (My
personal example is wanting to change all the i elements in a document to em,
or wanting to simply remove all the small elements)

cheers

Charles McCN