Is there a STRICT Browser?

To the members of this list this may be a trivial question, but I will
ask it anyway.

I teach our undergraduate students the basics of HTML as part of a module
on "information technology for economists". I get them to do some manual
tagging, starting from a simple ascii text file, before letting them
explore Amaya. The problem I face is that there appears to be no browser
which is strict in its interpretation of HTML tags and students often
produce working scripts which are badly constructed.

I came across Amaya when looking to deal with this problem, but Vincent
QUINT's recent remark elegantly summarises the situation. So, is there a
browser available which does process only strict HTML?

On Thu, 18 Jan 2001, Vincent QUINT wrote:

> the source. This does not seem very consistant. The reason is
> that Amaya tries to be strict in what it produces and tolerant
> on what it accepts.

Chris(topher) J. Hammond
Deputy Head
School of Economic Studies
University of Hull
Hull
United Kingdom
HU6 7RX
RFC-822: C.J.Hammond@econ.hull.ac.uk
X.400: I=C;S=Hammond;OU=Economics;O=Hull;PRMD=UK.AC;C=GB
X.500: c=GB@o=University of Hull@ou=Economics@cn=Christopher J Hammond
Tel: +44 (0) 1482 465873    Fax: +44 (0) 1482 466216
Fax (United States) 707-988-1313
Fax (United Kingdom) 0870-130-7395
Internet WWW: http://www.hull.ac.uk/econ/