Re: Ctrl-Return

Serge Torres wrote:

> On Windows 9x, as noted Ctrl-Retrun does not produce a line break but,
> oddly, Alt-Ctrl-Return does (at least on my AZERTY french keyboard) without
> any modification to the amaya.kb file.

This is a bug.  Thanks for the Alt-Ctrl-Return trick, that will allow
most Amaya users to wait for the next release.

> But no joy for the non break space:
> Ctrl space will not make it any more nor Alt-Ctrl space, tough it appear in
> the amaya.bk too.

I checked and it works. Ctrl space does generate a non breaking
space (xA0).  You may be confused by the encoding scheme that Amaya uses
in this version.  It generates ISO-Latin 1 code and the non breaking space
character is then displayed as a space instead of
In the same way, you will notice the the word été (summer in French) is
no longer encoded été (17 characters) but simply été
(3 characters).

V. Quint

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France