Re: Out-of-order <A NAME="Top"> confuses Amaya

I actually have several concerns with this.

1) It would be nice, when loading an initially invalid document into Amaya for editing, to have it transformed into something that doesn't require *extensive* clean-up. In this case, the
NAME= attribute shouldn't have been inherited by every <A> element in sight. What makes sense for  fonts doesn't necessarily for anchors. In this case, I'd be happy with the <A NAME="Top"> being floated down to the beginning of the BODY contents, and the missing </A> being placed immediately afterwards (although that is perhaps less critical, as long as the user is in a position to manipulate the anchor with Amaya's editing tools).

2) Somehow that out-of-place, unclosed anchor triggers other bugs in Amaya. There is no excuse for breaking a line in the middle of a word, for example. Nor for having such a garbled rendition of the document in the structure view (both the Linux and the Solaris version print several lines on top of each other, making the whole
thing hard to read). [I must say the X server I used was on Linux in both cases; if it's an XFree86 bug, that would be interesting to know.]

3) I know I ought to look this up in the spec, but is it legal for several anchors to be given the same NAME attribute value? Isn't NAME like ID, in that the values are meant to be unique across a document?