Re: Double click problem

Roger S. Miller wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 15:22:55 +0000 (GMT) AFL <A.F.Lack@city.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Subject: 1.4a Unix version doesn't follow links
> >
> > I've just dowloaded and installed 1.4a on a Sun Sparc Unix platform.  But
> > I can't get it to follow hypertext links.  Apparently I need to
> > double-click them, but this fails to work.
> >
> > FAQ and archives don't seen to mention this.  Anyone know what's wrong?
> >
> > I just experienced a similar problem with the LINUX-ELF version. It's
> > not as straightforward as it might seem, though.
>
> [snip]
>
> I think this is actually a long-standing problem.  I believe I reported it
> last year for an earlier binary (1.3, I think) with the Openlook window
> manager and X11R6.1 on a Linux 2.x box and the same problem is still there
> with the 1.4a binary.  The double click works fine under the Lesstif
> window manager (mwm) on the same box.

As I see difference on the same amaya with different windowmanagers, I
should say it is a problem in the windowmanager!

Those with problems, can you change some of the windowmanagers click
options? Check your windowmanager manual for the options to change single,
double and tripple click timeouts and offsets.

On the other hand, Is it Amaya that interprets the double click from
multiple single clicks or does amaya accept a 'double click' event? That can
also be a source for the problem.

Sorry, I don't know details but those are the things I think of.

CB

--
Vote against SPAM!: http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/
Corne' Beerse					| Alcatel Telecom Nederland