Re: make book from help

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> > [ Snip make book problem ]
>
> Help documents are by default displayed in browser mode (ReadOnly), and you
> must change the mode if you want to make a book.
> If you select the entry "Show Button Bar" you will have access to the button
> "Editor/Browser" and could change the mode and make the book.
> Perhaps we should open Help documents with the button bar displayed.
> What do you think?

I assume that "make book" creates a new document based upon the current
document's contents, rather than actually modifying the current document.
In this case, "make book" is a read-only operation, with respect to the
current document, and there is no reason for the "make book" operation not
to be available in the read-only mode.  (If it is not the case that a new
document is created with this operation, perhaps it should be so).

Perhaps also the "Edit" menu ought to have a "Toggle write status" option,
available at all times.

Ewan.