Re: Public Development of Amaya

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, David LeBlanc wrote:

> How about an "Amayazilla" development model where the core W3 Amaya team
> becomes the management, coordination and design control team and leverages
> the talents of a lot of motivated programmers?
>
> I really don't think i'd like an unrestrained public access to the Amaya
> CVS tree. Submissions need to be tested and evaluated against design goals
> etc.

I agree completely (although I'm not sure I like the name, since I'm
running away from Netscape :-)

The CVS tree should definitely be read-only as far as the general public
are concerned; I think that's what José was proposing anyway.  It would
also greatly help me - I now have the prospect of the second 4Mb download
in three days, in order to move from 1.4 to 1.4a.  This seems a little
daft, to say the least.

Ewan.