Why I'm using Amaya [was Re: amaya 1.4]

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr wrote:

> In fact the Amaya goal is mainly to edit HTML pages. Playing gif animations
> is not very useful to do it, but we know that some ones want to use Amaya to
> only browse.

Just to throw in my twopenneth...

I chose Amaya because

  a) I wanted a free browser (preferably free-source, but more importantly
     free-cost);
  b) Netscape Navigator is the most resource hungry piece of software I've
     ever encountered;
  c) I wanted to use MathML.

I have no intention whatsoever of using Amaya for editing - I have always
written HTML by hand and will hand-write MathML until someone comes up
with a reasonable set of MathML macros.  This is not through any fault of
Amaya's, but merely the way I work.

Just so you know who your users are :-)

Ewan.