Re: Need force XML on loading XML document

> Although Amaya 2.0a doesn't appear to be able to parse XML yet,
> it does know about .xml and possibly the equivalent media type.
>
> However, when I tried it on a piece of XML from one of the earliest uses
> of XML, an IE4 channel definition file, it put up a save as dialogue.

If Amaya put up a save as dialogue, it's because it didn't get a right
MIME type "text/xml". Could you check your server configuration?

> It seems to me that XML will often come with a custom media type, so
> the ability to force a URL to be parsed as XML would be desirable once
> XML parsing is properly implemented.

Amaya automatically detects the document format and displays it in a text
format
(including tags) when it's not able to apply CSS rules to the current
structure.

Amaya doesn't provide a full XML support yet. But it's already able to display
and
edit XHTML, MathML, and a subset of SVG. It uses XML namespaces to mix these
structures
in the same XML document.

> (Incidentally it hung - menus were live, but stop, exit and end task were
> ineffective when I tried to load the CDF (renamed as .xml) from the local
> disk.  I've had several hangs like this on other documents with Win32
> v 2.0a.)

Could you send us the document or its URL to try it?

  Irene.